So what is Fantasy Football?
from Yahoo Sports Fantasy Football online description:
Take the field with Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, a free game that gives you the chance to manage your own team of professional football players from the opening kickoff right through the late-season playoff races.
The better your players perform in real-life games, the more value they bring to your fantasy team. As the team manager, your goal is to get the best team on the field each week:
- The first step is to build a team using the draft inside your league.
- Then, follow your team through weekly contests based on your players’ performance in their NFL games. You win or lose the “game” for the week based on your team’s performance against the performance of one of the other teams in your league. During the season, you can make trades or pull from your bench to improve your team’s performance.
- Finally, set your team up to perform in the season playoff races.
Relax and have fun. You can do as much or as little as you want to manage your team through each phase of the season. While you watch your team progress through the season, Yahoo! does the work of gathering statistics, computing point totals, and updating standings. The following articles provide all the details you will need to guide your team through the regular season and into the playoffs. If you are playing in a custom league, keep in mind that your game strategy needs to follow the specific rules and choices that your commissioner makes for your league.
How do I play in The Orchard’s league?
We set up an Orchard league to give anyone interested in playing a chance to meet new people in the church and have a little friendly competition.
This year, we are making one change: there is a 10$ entrance fee for playing. This year’s winner – along with bragging rights – will get to do something good in our city or beyond with all of the money taken up as entrance fees.
The Orchard Fantasy Football league is open to anyone who wants to play. We need an email address from you so we can send you an invite.
Be on the lookout from an email from Yahoo Fantasy Football. Follow the link and the instructions to join in the fun. If you have any questions, feel free to email our commissioner.
The technical stuff. For anyone who is interested in looking beneath the hood:
- we play with Yahoo’s free online fantasy football system.
- you can download their iPhone app here or their Android app here.
- in our league, you get 6 points for a touchdown, regardless of how it is scored. But be sure to look at the scoring system once you join the league to form your strategy.
- the live draft is Monday night September 5th (Labor Day night) at 9PM.